A classic roasted chicken thighs recipe with a stunning presentation. Made with just chicken, vegetables, potatoes and spices. The best (and easiest) one pan meal out there!
Whether you just finished celebrating Hanukkah (I can’t believe it’s over already!) or you will be celebrating Christmas very soon, this time of year is always characterized by tons of food. And usually tons of unhealthy food. For Hanukkah, it’s chocolate coins, fried latkes, fried donuts, and anything else you can fry. For Christmas, it’s cookies galore! Along with huge and heavy holiday meals. Let’s just say that I ate my fair share of latkes for this Hanukkah, next Hanukkah, and maybe even the Hanukkah after that. And don’t even ask about Hanukkah desserts.
So it’s around this time that I’m ready to balance out all the oil, sugar, butter, food coloring, and other processed things I’ve been consuming with real food. That’s why a classic roasted chicken thighs recipe really hits the spot. It’s just chicken thighs, vegetables, and classic spices. Just clean whole ingredients that won’t add to my expanding holiday waist-line.
The ingredient list is short and clean, but that doesn’t mean this dish isn’t impressive! Everybody will love the simple yet stunning presentation. I think it’s pretty gorgeous, if I do say so myself.
And more important than the ingredients or the presentation, the roasted chicken thighs are DELICIOUS. Garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika are all you need to truly make the chicken sing. And because the potatoes, green beans, and carrots roast right next to the chicken, they pick up the most amazingly rich and savory flavor. The type of flavor that will make you swoon. For real. Everything gets perfectly roasty and crispy in the oven (roasty must be a word, right?). Who knew these few ingredients could be so delicious. Maybe as delicious as all those chocolate-covered and sugar-dipped cookies and bars (gasp!). Well…maybe a different (but equally crave-able) kind of delicious. Enjoy!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 lb carrots
- 1-2 large russet potatoes
- Green beans
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the veggies by peeling the carrots and cutting into cubes, cutting the potatoes into slightly larger cubes than the carrots, and cutting the ends off the green beans.
- Line the chicken skin-side up in a 9x13 baking pan.
- Next, line up the carrots, potatoes, and green beans in a single layer (as pictured).
- Sprinkle the chicken and veggies with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika, seasoning the chicken more heavily than the vegetables.
- Drizzle the chicken and veggies with olive oil.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for an hour, or until the vegetables are tender and the chicken juices run clear. Enjoy!